Ace Handyman Services is Turning Fire Prevention Week into Fire Prevention Month
During National Fire Prevention Week, October 8th - 14th, 2017, attention is
focused on promoting fire safety and prevention, however we should practice
fire safety all year long. That's why, for the month of October, we are
offering a Fire Safety Package to all of our Customers. Many potential fire
hazards go undetected because people simply do not take steps to fireproof
This 3 Hour Package includes:
- Cleaning your gutters (at 1st story only)
- Replacing batteries on smoke and CO detectors
- Replacing furnace filters (additional cost per filter)
- Cleaning your dryer vent (rigid vent only)
- Inspection of branches near roof/house
Here are some items to consider in order to keep your home safe from fires:
* Make sure your roof and rain gutters are clean. Leaves or branches
on the roof or in rain gutters may catch an ember and start a roof fire.
* Make sure there is a smoke detector installed in common areas and
common hallways. Make sure all batteries have been changed at least twice
per year (a good time to remember to change the batteries is during the 2
daylight savings times).
* Clean out dryer vent behind the dryer. Also, make sure dryer is
venting properly. According to the fire department, you should never run
your dryer when you are not home.
* Make sure you trim branches that overhang your house back at least
10'. This is especially important near your chimney and heater vents. This
also includes removing any brush on your property at least 100' from the
home or to the property line. Brush fire spreads rapidly from the ground to
the trees if there is an abundance of undergrowth.