Fall Home Maintenance Checklist
- Clean Out Gutters and Downspouts. As the weather starts to shift, that means orange and yellow leaves that will soon start to fall (pun intended). Make sure you clean out your gutters as they start to fill up with the dropping leaves, sticks, and debris. This will ensure all rain is able to be efficiently redirected away from the home and avoiding water sitting in your gutters and at the foundation of your home - this can cause water damage to your roof, siding, and foundation.
- Make any exterior repairs. Now is the time to make those last minute exterior repairs. Whether it’s a little bit of rotted siding, window trim, roof damage, or a faulty storm door. Not only will this improve the look of your home, it will improve your homes energy efficiency with the cold weather moving in, as well as seal up any gaps that critters might try to exploit to get out of the cold.
- Prepare the exterior for the winter weather. Soon our driveways and sidewalks will be covered with ice and snow. Make sure all handrails and stairs are in good shape.
- Weatherproof your home. Got a drift under your front door? Does it always feel cold next to that one window? Weatherstripping can be applied around the house to keep the temperature where you want it and save you on your utility bills. This can be a DIY project or hire a pro!
- HVAC! Call a local licensed, bonded, and insured HVAC company to check your system BEFORE you have to fire it up for the first time. Here in Omaha you could use your heat and AC in the same week! It’s important to make sure it’s running healthy before the extreme weather hits. If you have a window AC unit, remove it and weatherproof the window to keep your home insulated.
- Let there be fire! Hire a local chimney sweep to make sure that fireplace is ready to fire up! After you do, grab some firewood, hot cocoa, and your favorite s’more recipe and get ready for cozy nights by the fire!
- Shut off exterior faucets. Removing exterior hoses will keep your pipes from freezing once spring rolls back around. Drain your hoses and move them inside.
Ace Handyman Services Grand Opening:
We are extremely excited to announce the grand opening of Ace Handyman Services Omaha! After months of preparation and planning, we will finally be ready to help you with all of your home repair needs. Checkout our "Why Choose Us" tab to learn more about the team, and our "Offers" tab to take advantage of our special offers. We couldn't be more proud to be in the community and partnering with you as your Home Ally!