Outer Banks Property Ownership is Unique: You need a Maintenance Partnership.
The OBX has many different types of rental properties with a variety of rental and maintenance services available. From a one-bedroom condo to a 25-bedroom house, each property has its unique challenges when it comes to service and maintenance. Some homeowners choose to rent their properties through large property management firms that have 300 or more homes in their programs and offer a variety of maintenance services. Others choose to rent through VRBO and try to manage service and maintenance themselves. In either case, properties have a wide variety of maintenance needs and homeowners need a partner to help them through the repair and maintenance uses they will face.
At Ace Handyman Services we can help repair and maintain your property for you, no matter what type, size, or location of property. We are a nationally recognized brand with local ownership, maintain an in Kitty Hawk and a TEAM of Craftsmen ready to help you with all your needs. We offer outstanding communication, high quality work and warranty our work for 12 months. Our approach will instill confidence and trust that we are your long-term partner. We are a trusted advisor to homeowners and will always answer your questions. While we can do almost anything, if there is work that is outside of our skillset, we will recommend several vetted options that can complete your specific project (i.e., licensed plumbers, electricians, or HVAC technicians). We will help you solve your problem.
The OBX is a unique place that provides families with amazing vacation experiences, but the volume of visitors, the weather and the salt air can take its toll on our properties. That is why it is important to spend time in the off-season preparing both the inside and exterior your home for the upcoming rental season. Waiting until April or May to take care of your list of items may mean missing out on available workers as the demand is so high then.
At Ace Handyman Services, our experienced craftsmen can do over 1,160 different jobs. Here are some of the jobs we can do for you:
- Deck repair and maintenance – loose and broken boards, exposed nails, and screws, worn benches and railings all pose safety hazards for you and your guests. We can make that deck safe and inviting.
- Windows, deck/patio doors, repair, and replacement – glass windows, deck, and patio doors, get gritty, grimy, scratched, broken, and lose their luster. Now is time to have them repaired or replaced. They can also shift, leak, and get gummed up with salt and sand. We make necessary repairs, and maintenance.
- Grill and outdoor furniture repair or replacement – hard use of those grills, hammocks, deck and pool chairs and tables can take a toll. We will help you find suitable replacements, if necessary. We can also have them picked up, assembled, and placed on decks.
- Landscaping and yard/property maintenance – proper plants, trees, and shrubs are essential and important to our coastal and barrier islands. Let our Craftsmen spruce up your yard with a lawn cut and trim, hedge trimming and cleaning of loose sand off all hard surfaces.
- Power washing decks, outside furniture and exterior of property– removes salt and sand build up.
- Painting and interior makeover – a fresh coat of paint will enliven any short-term and vacation rental. If your property’s interior is now a bit dingy, dull, or outdated, our Craftsmen can breathe new life into it with vibrant new colors, renewed and refurbished flooring, install different window treatments, updated lighting, and ceiling fan fixtures. We have the expertise and the people to fine-tune the beauty it already has.
- Plumbing maintenance – leaks, drips, faulty faucets, fixtures, showers, tubs, toilets, can cause extensive problems. We can also make more inviting bathrooms by updating shower and floor tile, adding new vanities, plumbing fixtures, mirrors, and towels bar sets. A light bathroom refresh is economical and adds wow factor. Our Craftsmen can scrutinize everything and make sure your hard-earned revenues are not going down the drain.
The presentation of your rental property matters. You only have one shot at a first impression and experience, a well maintained and beautiful property are what set you apart from the competition in the vacation rental marketplace. Let our team at Ace handyman Services show what we can do for you.
The Owners of Ace Handyman Services Outer Banks
Joanne and Packy are active volunteers in the community. They believe that they can make the Outer Banks a more vibrant and stronger community by donating their time and talent.
Packy was on the active volunteer and Board member of the Beach Food Pantry for a number of years. He takes pride in helping locate, renovate and expand the building that the pantry currently owns. He is on the Board of Fire Services Real Estate which helped to define the need, obtain funding and build the new Southern Shores Volunteer Fire Station. He currently serves as Board Member/Treasurer of the Outer Banks Community Foundation. Over the past five years he has been active with Caring Hands, a faith based group of retirees that do remodeling and home repairs for those in need.
Joanne has been an active volunteer with the Beach Food Pantry completing regular food pick-ups from grocery stores and sorting food in the Pantry. She has been a volunteer Guardian ad Litem for more than 12 years but active in Dare County for five years, helping children and families navigate the Foster care system.