Get your home ready to sell!
Selling your home in the fast-paced Las Vegas real estate market can be a stressful task. Ensure that your home stands out by following these steps.
1. Make a good first impression. Increase curb appeal with these simple projects:
- Power wash the driveway and addressing any pest or pigeon problems on your property.
- Tidy up the front by trimming the trees and bushes, make sure your address number is clearly visible.
- Apply a fresh coat of paint to the front door, replace worn out lock sets, place a new welcome mat on the porch
2. Spruce up the interior:
- Patch any holes in the walls and repair damaged doors, trim pieces, and lock sets.
- Apply a fresh coat of paint to create a blank canvas for potential buyers.
- Let in natural light in and arrange your furniture so that each space appears open.
- Clean any carpet stains and broken tiles so buyers don’t feel overwhelmed by necessary repairs.
- Repair or replace worn or broken window treatments
- Replace outdated fixtures (lights, faucets, cabinet hardware)
3. Finishing touches:
- Hire an experienced real estate agent
- Take professional photos
- Don’t be shy about walk throughs
12 WAYS TO MAKE YOUR HOME SAFE FOR THE FAMILY
1. Use cabinet locks. Installing these will keep cleaning supplies out of reach. Magnetic latches allow for easy access and are affordable.
2. Mount that TV. It is much safer to have a TV mounted to a wall rather than on a stand where it could potentially be knocked over.
3. Hang pictures on the wall. Putting your precious photos on the wall will not only spark a smile but reduces the risk of broken glass from a frame being dropped.
4. Hide those power strips. Prevent baby from getting to electrical outlets by mounting them behind a desk. Another alternative is to use a power strip cover. They are an inexpensive and come in different styles and colors.
5. Cover corners and edges. Covering the corners of a coffee table or similar furniture may put your mind at ease in high traffic areas. Silicone covers work well and softer if bumped into.
6. Anchor your dresser to the wall. Top heavy dressers and shelving units can topple over if not properly secured to the wall.
7. Install stove knob covers. The cheapest solution is to simply pull off those knobs. The next affordable solution is to cover them. They are functional and don’t look half bad.
8. Latch the toilet. This precaution serves two purposes; hygiene and safety! Keep your kiddos hands and head from entering the bowl.
9. Install door stoppers. These stoppers could keep little fingers safe. They are easily installed at the top of the door and can be easily removed by an adult.
10. Use door latch cover. Latch covers may prevent your child from locking themselves in their room and reduce latch noises from waking them during their precious nap time.
11. Install doorknob covers and top locks. Children figure out how to open doors quickly. Install doorknob covers on front and back doors. And for additional safety there is always the top lock mounted out of their reach.
12. Cover the fireplace. Installing a heat resistant gate in from of a gas or wood burning fireplace prevents access to small decorative rocks and debris.
Let us put your mind at ease and help you create a safe place for your family. Call us or book online today!
Hello Las Vegas!
We are Ace Handyman Services Summerlin founded in March 2019. We are a small but mighty team consisting of Brad Hess (Owner), Lea Morganson (TEAM Coordinator), Kevin Jacinth (Field Supervisor), and Hayes Millam (Craftsman). Brad sought out to start a handyman company that would be known for its integrity and offer high quality work throughout the entire customer experience. Everyone on our team has spent over a decade honing their customer service skills, bringing the highest standard possible to our customers. Our goal is to be your home ally and we are ready to prove it.
We are very proud of our team and our history together, as a business owner Brad fully understands the importance of a competent and trustworthy staff. In 2003, Brad began working at the indoor skydiving facility in Las Vegas and quickly rose through the ranks to general manager. Not long after that Kevin joined the indoor skydiving team and quickly rose to the role of facilities manager. Brad and Kevin worked closely together for over a decade, which included multiple disassembly and reassembly projects of the 120-mph wind tunnel. Brad often talks about Kevin's sharp ability to read his mind. Along the way Brad hired Lea to join the indoor skydiving team in a customer service position, Lea was soon promoted to the role of instructor, one of very few female indoor skydiving instructors in the entire world. How much does Brad trust Lea? She would regularly babysit his first son when he was just a baby. Enough said!
Hayes entered the circle as a part of the indoor skydiving community as well, his wife worked at the front desk for many years and Hayes was a part of the greater family. He has worked in his field for well over 10 years, specializing in flooring, with so much experience he brings vast industry knowledge and contacts to the table. When Brad found out Hayes was looking to move onward and upward with his career he was hired on the spot for his high standards in craftsmanship and customer service (also he's a handsome devil).In the quest to provide the highest quality service, Ace Handyman Services Summerlin is fully insured and bonded. Our contractor’s license is currently pending with the Nevada State Contractor’s Board. In the meantime, we are currently focusing on small to medium sized jobs (under $1,000 for labor and materials) and plan to grow into larger jobs quickly. Stay tuned for updates! Call 702.323.6431 or schedule your Handyman online today!